Sunday, September 23, 2012

Staying Strong.

God has seriously been blessing me here in Tennessee. We finally got a therapy center that will take me (!!!) I went for a eval on Friday and my therapist seems to be really awesome and sure she can help me. It's such a huge relief. We should be getting my shower in this week and everything else is falling into place. I am seriously so so blessed.

mum and I on our way to my eval. (she kept making fun of me for taking so many pictures)

That's not the whole point of this blog though, I have been getting a lot of messages on facebook about how strong people think I am. Thank You, all first of all, for all the positive things you've said to me. It's awesome to have such a great support system behind me. It makes things a lot easier for me, honestly. I just want to kinda clear a few things up.

I feel like this accident and my injury is a blessing. Why? God is using me for His glory. Through this all, I've gotten so much closer to Christ. My biggest problem before my wreck was that I didn't trust God. I always tried to do things on my own. I never went to Christ in prayer with things I should have. There's a verse that has stuck out to me so much throughout the whole thing, Philippians 4:6. It says "do not worry, instead pray about everything" It kinda hit me hard one night in the hospital. I guess the accident was the only thing that could open my eyes to see this. There had been small things God kept putting in my life that I was "too busy" to notice or just brushed off. It took something extreme to make me realize what He was saying. I feel like now all I really have is God to trust in. If He wanted me to walk, I could get up right now and run a marathon. Even right after my accident, when the doctors told me I may never walk. I prayed and I knew God was much bigger than that. I knew He had big plans for me. 

I seriously can't even express how happy I am for all the things that have happened in the last four months of my life. Yeah, I lost my car, I lost my job, I can't go back to school yet, I lost a lot of friends and people I cared about. The smallest things are difficult for me. Even when I start to feel down and cry, God places someone or something in my path to make me realize that this won't be forever. It's so hard to be upset when I have SO much to be thankful. Yes, I guess from the outside it seems I probably lost a lot, but I've gained so much from it. I'm a much stronger person in my Faith now and I am closer to the people in my life who matter. It really opened my eyes to things that I didn't see before. 

I don't really see it as me being "strong", I see it as me having trust and faith in God that He will take care of me. That is why I continue to keep my head up and a smile on my face. God will never put you through anything you can't handle.. it's a blessing to be used for His glory. I may never walk again, but that's okay. It's what God has planned for me and He knows much better than I.

I'll finish talking about Gregory and a cute little photo of him. He's totally made himself at home. He's been playing with the dogs, and napping where he pleases. He's even been eating paper (my cat is odd). Kaydence misses him a lot. Chasity and I got to FaceTime last night and Kaydence was so happy to see Greg on the camera. 

Thanks for reading. I love you all.




1 comment :

  1. I always thing about u Sabrina!! ♥ u love Tiffany A.

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink