Friday, July 8, 2011

Warped Tour 2011: Noblesville IN




The journey started early: 7 a.m. With less than five hours of sleep in most of us, we took off for the lovely and exciting trip to Warped Tour. We stopped at Starbucks for breakfast and shortly after that I couldn't keep my pretty little eyes open anymore. Let's just say, for those of you who haven't caught on yet, sleeping in the back of a van is the most uncomfortable thing I've ever done in my life.

If you're ever been to Warped, you pretty much know what to expect. Only each year I still am shocked by something at Warped. As soon as we step out of the van, one of those Monk guys approaches us with those books they sell. Now, I don't know if they do this at every single Warped Tour date, but they've always been on the one I attend. They like approach you and offer you this book. The book is usually something about their religion and then after they "give" you this book, they ask for a donation. Well, this year my friend gave them a buck. The monk guy was like "well, can you spare a bit more? Usually they give five or ten bucks" I almost peed down my leg. Anyways, we ended up waiting in life for a good 15 minutes or so before the doors actually opened. I was already hot from the sun, but the best times had to be had.

(me, in all my sweaty glory with the Taco Bell sauce. we bffs.)

The first thing on my to-do list of the day: find of when A Day To Remember was signing. After looking for what seemed like ages for their merch tent, I was told that my boys would NOT be doing a meet and greet at this tour date. I was peeved then, but I let it go and began to watch bands. August Burns Red was the first on the list. During their set, I got this cute little Warped Tour Klean Kanteen jug for free water refills all day. (Much needed if you go this year.) Then we went and got food, which was probably the worst idea I had all day. I ended up getting so sick from eating and being in the sun all day. After we ate, we went to see Black Veil Brides. I am personally not a fan of them, but it was interesting to watch them. I guess someone threatened to kill the lead singer from the band, so the cops were out all day looking for this guy. Pretty intense. Not to mention, Jonny Craig (Dance Gavin Dance) was just walking around all day, I walked right passed him. I guess I walked right passed Anthony Green, too. I didn't notice him, but Aaron swears it was him.

I can't remember what all bands I saw (because I have the worst memory in the world) but if I had to pick a favorite, it would easily go to The Dangerous Summer. Aaron wanted to see them so badly and they played right before A Day To Remember, so we went. We were in the front row and I was so impressed with them. I've always thought they were good, but they even perform well.

A Day To Remember played the main stage at 6. When we got there, we were in the middle, but people slowly to pile in. After the first few songs, I had to end up going in the back because I was way to cram packed in the crowd. Sadly, I can say I wasn't highly impressed with them. I think a lot of it had to do with the sound of the stage, not them personally. Their little blow up faces was really cool. I ended up missing the one song I wanted to hear the most: Have Faith in Me. We left early so we could go see Go Radio!

(I didn't take my DSLR in because I knew it was going to be a hassle to carry all day. all these photos are via my cell phone.)


Go Radio was really good too. I liked them a lot. They played one of my favorites by them "Goodnight Moon" Then we saw Dance Gavin Dance and headed off to see The Devil Wears Prada, which was also intense.

After leaving, we went to eat at Steak and Shake. I had been wanting ice cream all day, so I ordered a shake. I thought it would be a great idea to mix like 4 shakes into one, don't ever try it. I ended up getting so sick from it. I felt awful.
 (butter pecan ice cream w/ pecans, peanut butter cups, cookie dough and butterfinger. totes death!)

Overall, I had a lot of fun! I went with a great group of people, even if the bands weren't that great. I would love to hear about your Warped Tour experience, so shoot me an email about it! (sabrinatakespicturesATgmailDOTcom.)

xo.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink