Monday, July 4, 2011

'Merica.

  (photo via someone on facebook)




I don't know about you guys, but the fourth of July was always a big celebration at my house. My dad used to work for a firework company, so we would always travel and watch firework shows. It was pretty awesome growing up and seeing all those places. Such good memories. Things have changed quite a bit since my younger days though and this Fourth of July, I spent 9 long hours at work. It was a slow slow day, but we had a lot of things to do. I can't help but think back to those days where I spend hours upon hours being an annoying little kid and drinking PLENTY of lemonade shake ups. THAT was the good life.

It's actually funny to me to think back now and remember things that meant so much to me back then and how little they mean now. I don't mean memories like that, I mean more of things I got upset over. I used to get so caught up in the little things (and I still quite often do.) but I look back now and think about how silly I was for ever being so foolish in my ways. I am thankful, however, for each and every little foolish mistake I made because I am so happy with who I am now and what I  have done.

Today has been a day of ups and downs for me and I am trying so hard to stay as positive as I can, but it's not easy. I really have better days to come this week and it's just managing the hours until those days come. Just three short days until Warped Tour Twenty11, where I am able to see my favorite boys again! I think this will be what gets me through the tough parts of the next few days. Oh, and some AriZona Arnold Palmer Half & Half. SO GOOD. (except the pink lemonade one. despite the cool design on the outside, I hate it. Don't be tricked like I was)
 
(photo via weheartit.)


I hope your fourth of July is packed full of memories, lots of laughs, and a heap ton of lemonade shake ups. I hope you all are being safe out there, too. Lots of love is being sent your way from yours truly. <3

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink