Friday, August 14, 2015

Nontraditional Ways To Use Your Unused Pads!

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you have probably came across some posts where I talk about the fact that my bladder kind of has a mind of it's own. Every since my spinal cord injury in 2012, I've struggled with finding ways help prevent LBL (light bladder leakage). I tend to always wear some sort of protection under my clothes. When I first started looking into wearing pads as a form of protection, I would grab my old period pads and use those. Quickly I learned this was NOT the best use for them and I needed to find something that was made specifically for LBL. Poise pads offers exactly what I was looking for and made protection from LBL a lot easier. (get a FREE sample pack HERE)


So, what can I do with all those unused period pads laying around? Here's a few ideas I came up with. Let me know in the comments below what you'd do to #RecycleYourPeriodPad!

DONATE THEM:
- Donate any unused / unopened boxes to your local woman's shelter or homeless shelter. Make sure to call and see if they will accept these before trying to donate but I know if they do, these would come in handy!

MAKESHIFT COZY:
- If you are out on the lake or away from your home, you can use these as a quick way to keep your hands from being cold while holding drinks. They fit around perfectly!

CLEAN UP MESSES:
- If you're anything like me, you know the struggle that is spilling something. I'm so clumsy and I feel like I'm always making a mess. Using your unused pads to help clean up spills can be an easy way to clean up dirty messes without ruining your good washcloths. 

COMPRESSES:
- Have a cut + you're without a first aid kit? Grab an unused pad to use to compress any wound. I know I tend to carry around old pads more than I do a first aid kit so this one is insanely handy for me!


Don't forget to grab your FREE samples here! 
What are some other fun ways you can use your unused pads? Let me know in the comments. 

This month's advertisement

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink