Wednesday, July 29, 2015

NATIONAL LIPSTICK DAY | SOME OF MY FAVORITES

Favorite Lipsticks for pale skin

Today is National Lipstick Day and if you know me at all, you know I love lipstick. I tend to reach for more darker colors but I thought today would be a good day to share some of my favorite lipstick shades currently.

I tend to stick to more darker colors, but with my purple / pink / bright hair, I find it a little harder to work with my normal dark lipsticks- so you will see a few dark colors and a few nude colors in my top faves right now.

Favorite Lipsticks for pale skin


(from l to r)
TOO FACED MELTED VILLAIN:
I got this as part of a swap from a makeup group I'm in and it's a PERFECT shade for me. I love how dark it is- but also can wear to much lighter color. The only downfall to these melted lipsticks is they take a while to dry so at first they don't have such a long lasting power.


REVLON VA VA VIOLET:
This is a long time favorite- though it wasn't getting much love. I grabbed this a while back after seeing a Facebook friend wear it. It's a super dark color but again, it's pretty glossy. I prefer mattes over anything and because of it being so glossy, it doesn't stay well. I always make sure to carry this in my bag if I wear it out because I know I'm going to need to touch it up.


NYX SOFT MATTE LIP CREME IN PRAGUE:
Okay- this is a pinkish color and it's totally not a color I would normally grab. HOWEVER- I tried it on after having someone tell me I needed it and I got SO many compliments. It's more on the red side so it works- but it does make my teeth look more yellow than they are (Forever cursed because I drink tea). I love how these dry matte and have a great staying power, though I do need to reapply if I eat and drink a lot.


COLOURPOP TOOTSI:
If you get any of these- get this one. It's a matte formula and it's perfect. It's a color very similar to Cashmere from Lime Crime and it's only 5$!.I love wearing this if I want a more bold nude color on my lips and it is just a perfect. I love it!


TOO FACED MELTED CHIHUAHUA:
Let's first talk about the name- melted chihauhau. I DIE! Whenever I was thinking of names for the lipstick I created- my sister said I should pick something unique and she said chihuahua and I thought it was the craziest thing ever- then I saw this. This is a my lips but better color and I love wearing this on days I don't feel like having a bold lip- but still need something. Like I said before- it takes a while to dry so I do end up reapplying these a lot.



What are you favorite lipsticks? Let me know below!
This month's advertisement

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink