Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Meet Felecia of Hello Felecia


Tell us a little about yourself + your blog.
My name is Felecia Efriann and I blog over at Hello Felecia. The site is called Hello Felecia, because Felecia means joy & happiness. So in saying Hello Felecia, I am literally saying Hello Joy & Happiness. It is a lifestyle blog and a share all sorts of thing there. Hello Felecia is a place where my imagination runs wild. I share my adventures from my day to day living to the books I read, movies and television shows I watch, or the stories I write. I enjoy a good story that tugs on my emotions and causes me to think. Nothing tugs on my heart quite like God does or causes me to think and rethink like the Word. From time to time, the Word pops up in all I do at Hello Felecia. 


How long have you been blogging + what made you start?

I have been blogging for 9 years with two of those years being very infrequent blogging. I started in high school with a Xanga. It was a way to connect with friends who had moved away after middle school and a platform to share my poetry. Now, I blog to stay consistent with writing often and for the fun and enjoyment of writing. I also blog to share my hobbies with others and to share what I am learning or have discovered. 


I see you were home schooled- how do you think that has helped you in life + did you ever wish you could have gone to public school?

Being homeschooled has helped me be self-disciplined and self-motivated, which are useful traits in getting things done. I really enjoyed homeschooling and I liked the freedom of schedule it gave me. There was a time, a moment really, where I wanted to go to a Charter School that focused on Film Production for High School. However, my parents believed continuing to homeschool me was a better idea. I was already ahead a grade, and by 16 years old I had finished the core high school required material. I chose to wait and graduate at 17 years old. Following graduation I took a gap year of sorts and did some mission work while interning at a Church. If I had gone to public school my life may look a little different than it does now, and well in the end I am glad I was homeschooled.


Who are three of your FAVORITE blogs to read + why?

My top three favorite blogs are EmberGrey, Heaven to Betsy, & Oak & Oats. For the reason that every time I venture to these blogs I am inspired or encouraged. I like to get a daily dose of inspiration and encouragement. 

I love fall- What is your favorite thing about fall?

The cooler weather, I am more active during the fall because I am less likely to end up suffering from heat exhaustion. So I alway look forward to fall weather and for the seasonal autumn foods, like pumpkin spice lattes, brussel sprouts, fresh cranberries, and so many others.


Speaking of fall, what is your GO TO makeup / fashion items for fall?
My makeup is usually very subtle staying in the natural tones, but I have been adventurous as of late.  I have been getting into wearing lipsticks. Recently got, Cabernet (a shade of red) by Hikari I plan on wearing this fall. As well as a couple different shades of gold/nudes lipsticks that I think will be fun to wear this fall.




What is one quote you love?

Helen Keller Quote 

 "Alone we can do so little, together we can do much" - Helen Keller


Go to your archive and pick one of your favorite posts you've written
Short Story: My Creative Suite

 
  This month's advertisement

3 comments :

  1. Ahhh, I remember Xanga. I also remember frantically deleting my Xanga out of fear that someone would actually read it. Hello, Felicia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had Xanga, but I see a lot of other bloggers talk about having it. Weird. I wrote a lot of stuff in a journal and started "blogging" with myspace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Becca!
    I did blog a little on myspace as well. I would make my blog post there private because I didn't want everyone I was "friends" with to read it. I would often delete blog posts at times too.

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink