Wednesday, August 13, 2014

depression


Today I wanted to take a moment to talk about something more serious than I normally do on this blog. I like this blog to be a fun and safe place for everyone to come and enjoy but this has been weighing on my heart far too much to not share.

On Monday, we lost a great man. A man that shaped a huge part of many peoples childhood and brought many laughs and memories- Robin Williams. Robin was suffered from depression for many months before and it eventually lead to him taking his own life. It has been proven that once a celeb commits suicide, the suicide rates go up and that terrifies me to no end and that's why I felt the need to make this post.

Mental illness has such a negative stigma around it and I will be honest, I used to think that people could just "be happy" and it would go away, but depression is much more than that. "Depression doesn't care about your income, your family, your friends or your lifestyle." and it is stated that roughly 20 million people in the United States suffer from depression every year.  If you're struggling with depression or thinking about ending your life, PLEASE seek help. Talk to someone. and if someone comes to you with these feelings, please take them seriously and let them know you are there or them. Suicide is 100% preventable.

This month's advertisement

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink