Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hello August.

I can not believe it's already August. Time goes by so fast and it's so crazy to me.

August is starting out to be a hot hot month. It's so humid here in Tennessee. I am however looking forward to spending the weekend with my family back in Illinois + seeing my mister. I just hope Illinois is a lot cooler. I'll be spending the weekend celebrating with my small community + probably taking in too many calories. (I love carnival food + I've been DYING for a lemon shakeup.)

I also got some bittersweet news today- I've met all my goals that my therapist had for me + he feels as if he can no longer do anything for me. This is a good thing because I'm meeting goals faster than I (& others expected) + I'm able to move on to bigger things. I'm just not sure where those bigger things are yet. If my therapist says I've reached my goals and can no longer improve on anything- there's a chance my insurance won't pick up any more therapy. I've reach the end of my time for the year but they may not pick up next year. I simply cannot afford to have therapy on my own yet. I feel I still have a long way to go in my progress, I just need a therapist who can push me + a therapist who has faith in me. I'm at a point where I can live independent + be a independent person but I want some sort of function back in my legs + I still think that's a possibility. Just pray for guidance but I don't know where to go from here.

After my heart to heart yesterday, I had a talk with Mikal + I realize I need to put God first again. I chose to worry about things instead of give them to God + then I get stressed out.  I spent some time reading my Bible last night + God laid out the most perfect verse for me. It was Matthew 6:30-34 + it reads  

"If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’  For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

That is just what I needed to hear + I realized I need to start putting God first again. 

My challenge for you this month is just that- put God first in your life + trust Him fully. 

HAPPY AUGUST  

you can advertise with Cattails + Cardigans in August if you fancy-  "happyaugust" gets you 40% off now. (peep my sponsor page)

I'm also having a giveaway real soon with my sponsors + I'm still looking for people to join. You are free to giveaway whatever you want (ad space, gift card, makeup)- just send me an email + let me know. (sabrinatakespictures@gmail.com) 

don't forget about my blog sale either- I'm trying to get rid of it all before I leave for Florida.  

I'm also trying to get some ideas written for future posts + want your feedback. Email me or comment below on what types of things you'd like to see more of on the blog.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink