Sunday, June 30, 2013

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Review


 You all should know- I love my red lipstick. I'm always trying out new ones + trying to find the most perfect red shade for me and if you've been reading my posts lately you know that I'm trying to switch all my makeup products to vegan/cruelty free makeup brands.. so I've been on the hunt for a perfect red that doesn't hurt my animal friends.

I'm currently in Indiana with Mikal + there's this awesome store here called Meijer, which is basically like the best place in all the land. It's very similar to Wal Mart, but better. They have the most amazing makeup selection ever + I've always been drawn to the Nyx section. (Honestly, that's where I spend my time. It's small but amazing). Nyx is affordable, cruelty free + they have amazing dupes for high end brands like Mac + Urban Decay.

I'm basically in love with this lip cream. I wanted to try it out because I was honestly curious to know if it was actually going to do with the package says it would. The package claims that "it's not a lipstick nor is it gloss" and that it will "go on silky but looks soft matte" I was really happy with the outcome. It does go on with a shine but dries to a soft matte look. It will kind of dry out + you may need to apply gloss (which will add shine) or a balm over it so you can actually rub your lips together. As soon as it dries, it doesn't really wear off. I've been wearing this lip cream while I've ate, drank + gave Mikal lots of kisses + it seems to stay pretty well once it dried. I honestly love the shade for my skin- it's perfect. The only thing I don't really care for is that is does dry your lips out a little. Like I said, you will need to apply a gloss or a balm if this happens.I like the brush that is used for application because it really allows for me to get the best application. It really has replaced my other red lipsticks but I will be using my second favorite (Just Bitten by Revlon) to apply over it. The collection has many more colors + lots of pretty pinks, corals + nudes. I really want to go back + buy them all.

 I think I paid about 6$ for it + you can buy it here

ANNDDD here's a silly picture of me wearing it but you can't even see it because I suck at this stuff. 


Have you ever tried something like this before? This is the first time I've ever seen anything like it.

2 comments :

  1. I love their matte lip creams! I also love the smell :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Love red lip products (and hot pink lol)

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink