Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Paralyzed Diaries: 003: Pain/Muscle Spasms

A lot of the questions that people ask me is how do I deal with pain + how I deal with muscle spasms.

Dealing with Pain: I think I got lucky because I handle my pain pretty well and I have not taken a pain pill since Aug. 2012. Most days I would say my pain level is about a 1 or 2. Mostly the pain I get on the regular is burning throughout my legs and feet. It feels as if my legs are sitting on top of a fire.. not the most fun thing ever. I started getting this pain about a month after my wreck + some days are better than others. The doctors told me this means that my "feeling" nerves are waking up + I have noticed I have more feeling in my legs. My back pain gets worse when the weather gets bad or if I work super hard. Sometimes I get back soreness after sleeping the wrong way too. If my pain gets to where I can't take it anymore, I will take some Tylenol and lay down. I also use heating pads sometimes if I am on the go or feel I need more relief.

Muscle Spasms: I have never had muscle spasms or at least not ones that are bad enough to give advice on. I don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing. I have talked to many of my other friends that deal with spasms so badly + I asked my friend Jerry what he does for his. He basically replied to my email with this "I usually take baclofen and I do a lot of stretching. And just staying active" He has a lot of videos on YouTube and here are a few talking about his spasms.







I've talked to others who have spasms and sometimes they tell me that a warm bath or shower will help ease them. Most of the time, you just have to deal with them. It sucks and I'm sorry if you go through those. I know they can be a pain + I'm sorry I can't be of more help for that matter.

(if you have a questions about my spinal cord injury or want advice on something please email me at sabrinatakespicturesATgmailDOTcom and I will reply to you in a private email or host it on my next paralyzed diaries)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink