Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Goals for 2013

I'm a little late, but happy 2013. I have been away from the computer (besides my little posts via my iPad or phone) and spent the New Year with my family back home in Illinois. I hope you all had a safe + happy new year + I hope you guys are looking forward to what the new year has to bring.

I know a lot of people have "New Years Resolutions" for themselves + I think it's fun to set these. However, I wanted to set goals for myself this year.

Most of you know 2012 was a rough year for me. I started out living the life that every young adult wants. June came + changed a lot of things for me pretty drastically. I may have lost my ability to walk but in return I gained so much + grew stronger, both mentally + physically, as a person + learned to appreciate each day I have been given here. I am honestly proud of the changed I've made since my wreck + I am thankful I was sort of forced into changing for the better.

When thinking of goals, the most obvious one is that I want to walk again. I want so badly to just get up + walk a million miles, but I also realize I can't physically make my legs work if my body doesn't want to. I also realize that this all comes in Gods timing + I have to be patient because God's timing is perfect. So, before I have any naysayers saying something about "why didn't you make it a goal to walk?", please understand it's something I strive for daily.

One of my goals is that I want to keep a jar full of positive things that happen in the year. I got this idea of Pinterest + thought it was be a fun way to keep the positive vibes going. Maybe even on my days where I have bad break downs, I can look back + remember what I have to be thankful for. Hopefully, at the end of the year, I can look back + remember all the positive things that took place over the year + be proud of the progress I've made.

Another goal is to be more active in my blog + make better videos. I get so bored having so much time on my hands + I want to keep my readers + viewers up to speed on things in my life. While I may not have the most interesting life, I think it's healthy to share my struggles with everyone. It's a positive way for me to talk about things, too.

I have made a goal to keep a devotional every night + become closer to God. I downloaded a Bible app on my iPad a while back + it has little plans to keep me reading each night before I go to bed. I want to set aside time for God + work hard on becoming closer to him.

I also want to work on being more organized. I have been adding to my makeup collection + I'm going insane with things not organized. It's such a pain + it's something I totally want to change in 2013.

I also want to work on having more giveaways on here for you guys. I am planning a giveaway soon + hopefully this continues. I think it's fun to give back + it's also fun for you guys to win stuff. You guys are wonderful readers + supporters. I love you all for sticking through everything.

I would like to get involved in some sort of Spinal Cord Injury Awareness program. I'd like to get in touch with a certain charity + raise money for them. Possible even do some motivational speaking talking about my wreck, my injury + what all comes with it. I think it's important to spread awareness and not many people are aware of spinal cord injuries.

I want to start doing all these projects I've pinned on Pinterest, too. I think it would be another fun hobby to pick up + I would love to try some of the things I see on there.

I think that's a pretty good list of goals for 2013 +  I hope that I stick with them. I can't wait to look back at the end of 2013 + see how far I've came.

What are you goals/resolutions for 2013? Have a blog post about it? Link it below!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink