Saturday, January 14, 2012

Honest To Blog: Keeping Up

 Before ya'll start reading, I want to let you know that I am not trying to call anyone out in this post. If you're looking for drama, check some where else. (:

I guess this is a post more so talking about "copycats". You all know what I'm talking about, don't you? Do you know how many times I've had this awesome idea to write a blog post about, or a sweet new idea for a photo, or something awesome I want to do with my photography business ONLY to find out someone had the same idea? It happens so, so often. Then I'm stuck in the situation of what to do next. Should I follow through with the idea and worry about being labeled as a "copycat"? Do I hold back my ideas because it's already been taken? It's such a tough choice (and about more than half of the time, I don't go through with it)

I look to a lot of people for inspiration and whenever I see someone use a similar idea as me I try to think "Wow. They liked my work. That's awesome" However, I tend to get upset and bitter. With so many people out there trying to venture out with their blogs or photography business, it's so hard to be "original" ya know? This quote totally fits so perfectly into my heart and makes me rethink how I feel about this topic.



Have you ever been in this situation? How does that make you feel and how did you react to it? I could use some words of advice with this.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink