Monday, November 28, 2011

The Newest Addition // My Canon 60D

After a (almost) two month hiatus from photography, I am super thrilled to be able to share with you all that I am back and ready to start taking pictures again! This is the news I've been waiting to share with you all ever since I had to announce my "break" on FaceBook back in mid-October. Words can't even express how joyed I am right now.

I know a lot of you are probably wondering why I had to stop taking pictures & for a while I kept the news as private as I could. In October, my car was broken into after doing a Maternity shoot. Whoever it was stole my camera, two lenses, my camera bag which was full of my flash, tripod and other equipment I had saved up over the years of taking pictures. They also stole a bag full of props (which included the lovely chalkboard I had made for me by my step dad) My heart was broken. After being told I would never get my camera back by the police, I began to get even more upset at myself. It was a never ending fight with myself about how upset I was over having something taken from me that meant so much. I don't know you any of you have ever had such a thing happen and I really hope it never does.


But Today, I am so happy to be announcing that I am now the proud owner of a Canon 60D, whom I have named Everlee. My sister and her husband surprised me with it and I couldn't be any happier. I am so excited to be able to start taking photos again, so much that I cried when I found out I finally would have a camera again. Today I also booked a wedding in early December. It brings so much joy to me to know I am able to do what I love once again.






 (taken on my cell phone.)
  
As you can see, I was also given a telephoto zoom lens and a external flash to go with it. I also now have a super awesome (and very roomy) camera bag to store all of my lovely equipment in. Such a blessing!

I  have already began to start booking shoots and want to thank all my clients who were wonderful, patient and understanding during this time. You guys seriously makes me the happiest person in the world. Tomorrow is my first shoot in over 2 months and I can't wait to share them with you. 


Thank you, Chasity and Jason, for always believe in me and helping me reach my dreams. You guys are the best family a girl could ask for & I love you both!

2 comments :

  1. Sabrina I'm sorry to hear about your camera and other equipment being stolen. I am soo happy that Chasity and Jason were able to help you out and get you back behind the lens!! I have all the confidence in th world that you will continue to be a success!! I'm proud of you and all that you do!! Love ya!! Lora

    ReplyDelete
  2. so saddened that this happened! how fortunate you are to have such a supportive family that they would replace (and upgrade!) your equipment! i wish i'd known of you when this happened...i could've loaned you my 40D! i was just at your sister's today and checked out your fb photos! you have some fantastic work! i look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink