Monday, May 15, 2017

Staying Active While in a Wheelchair




It's possible, ya'll. 
I may slack but getting a good workout in always makes me feel awesome. Since it's getting warmer out, I've been trying to formulate a good workout plan that works for me and my schedule but something always seems to come up. I wanted to sit down and make a list of things that seem to help me make working out in a chair a little easier.
1. Work out with a buddy / 
- Having a friend to hold you accountable is huge. I used to run nearly every day with my friend, Allison and there were days were we both mentioned not wanting to get out but not wanting to let the other person down. Allison holding me accountable made me want to work out every day with her and I never regretted going out with her.
2. A good soundtrack / 
- Music is something I need in order to get anything done. Rather it's just house work or actually going on a run, I want to hear good music that gets me going. I suggest making a playlist of songs that pump you up and have that playing in order to get the most of your workout.


3. Make sure you've got the essentials / 
- Essentials for me are: a good sports bra, a bottle of water, my phone for music and to track my workouts and comfortable clothes. Find out what you need in order to make your workout successful and always carry that with you. If working out to you means some yoga or an hour of cardio, make sure you're doing what works for you.
4. Don't let anything hold you back / 
-If you follow me on twitter, you know that I've been dealing with a lot of lady problems where I'm pretty much always on my lady time. Working out during this time is extremely hard because I feel like crud and I don't want to leak. Thankfully, I am not alone in this and U By Kotex Fitness has me covered. They have a brand new line that is made for people who are active and the products are comfortable and offer protection for bodies in motion. I also love that the tampons come with a protective pack that I can throw in my bag and not have to worry about my tampons coming open.



If you want to try out the line for yourself, check your local Walgreens. You can grab a 1$ coupon HERE and if you download the Ibotta app, you can save 2$ with THIS coupon. 

Curious and wanna learn more? Check out this page to find your period style; I've had too much fun on this site.



Tell me what some of your essentials are for working out and how you stay active?

This month's advertisement

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink