Thursday, September 10, 2015

#IAMMORETHAN My Disability



I've been wanting to make a video like this for a while and when I saw that Kylie Jenner recently launched an Instagram campaign called #IAMMORETHAN.. I figured this was the time. September is spinal cord injury awareness month and I try my best to educate as many people that come into question about my disability. My disability is a part of me and it's one of the most obvious things about me. I think that because my disability is visible, many people tend to make assumptions about me (& really the disability community as a whole) that tend to be more on the negative side. Everyone always focuses on how much I've changed and what I lost because of my injury but in the same sense, I'm still the same Sabrina I've always been. I just get around differently now.

I'd love for you to join the conversation by using #iammorethan on your social media.



This month's advertisement

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink