Wednesday, September 24, 2014

DIY | Simple Cupcake Stand

Holy moly guys- just 5 short days until my Beauty Bash happens and I am so excited about it. I'm currently out of town and wasn't expecting to be out of town for this long (I'm away until Friday- so things will be a little slow until then because I wasn't prepared) The positive thing about me being away meant I was able to go to stores I don't have back home and I grabbed up some more decor for my Beauty Bash (you can track  my party pics on Instagram by using #sabrinafaithsbeautybash).

I had been looking for a cupcake stand to use for my party and couldn't find anything I liked- until I saw another hostess on Instagram post a stand she made and I knew I needed to create my own as well. She just posted a picture of hers (which you can find HERE) so I went on the hunt to find my own items to make mine. I wasn't going to post a DIY on this- but I decided I should. (That's why these photos suck)


Thankfully- my mom lives near a Dollar Tree so that's where my first stop was. I grabbed two white plates (one larger one and one smaller one) and a candle holder. Then I went to Wal Mart and grabbed this gold spray paint. You'll also need a hot glue gun, but I didn't add that in this photo. Basically all you do know is spray the candle holder and let it dry. I let it dry over night before I glued it to the plates- but that isn't needed. Then glue it all together..


Annddd- you're done! If you want to add a little extra spice, I love Elizabeth's idea of adding polka dots to the plates. You can really do a lot of cool things with this simple DIY and it's going to look EXTRA cute at my Beauty Bash!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure you're following me on Instagram (@heysabrinafaith) so you can see all my up to date party pics and below I've posted my "unboxing" of the Beauty Bash Box I was sent by Birchbox and Benefit!


This month's advertisement

4 comments :

  1. Yours turned out so fabulous! I cannot wait to see more this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh- thank you! I'm so excited to see all the parties. It's going to make me be super excited for my party Sunday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I made some candle holders that same way and they turned out great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes- this gold spray paint is going to come in handy for a lot of things. It's amazing

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink