Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes Review + Demo.


 I had heard good things about the brand Tarte so when I went to Sephora to shop the other day, I checked them out. I was looking for two things: a new mascara + foundation. I had heard many people mention the Lights, Camera, Lashes on YouTube before so I tested it out in the store. I was impressed by the sample, so I grabbed myself a full size. The full size of the package was $19.

First things First: The  packaging is a bit odd for me, but I think that's why I was drawn in. It's a bit bulky so it makes it a little harder to carry in a makeup bag. It's different + I like that, just wish it was not so bulky. The brush is slim + seems to actually comb my lashes rather than clump them together.

 (via Google)

 As far as the mascara, it claims that it is a 4 in 1 mascara (lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning). It is formulated without  Paraben, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dye, petrochemicals or phthalates + it's cruelty free. It doesn't have a strong smell, either.




As you can see by the above picture, my lashes look amazing with it on. My lashes look long and thick. As far as the claims it makes, I do think the mascara makes me lashes look longer, it gives them volume + overall I'm happy with it. As far as the conditioning part goes, I'm not so sure if this is the case for me, the mascara is a little flaky at times. I did not curl my lashes for this demo but I think my lashes look better without being curled, so I think it for me it does live up to the curling claim. 3 out of 4 isn't bad.



Overall, my thoughts are that this product is okay. I am not in love with it but I do like it. I still think that my Too Faced Lashgasm will always be my favorite mascara but I wanted to try out more brands. I do not think this product is worth the $19 but if I needed mascara, I think I would repurchase this. (If for some reason, I could not get another cruelty free brand mascara). I read other reviews and a few people said that their tube dried out before they could use it all, so I'm hoping that isn't the case.



Have you ever tried this Tarte's Light, Camera, Lashes? Do you have a favorite (cruelty free) brand of mascara you'd be willing to share with me? What do you think of this mascara based on the above photos?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink