Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lemon Life // Guest Post

Lemon Life

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." I have a blog on WordPress.com called "The Lemon Life." http://lamonaide.wordpress.com/ The idea for the blog started with a bad day; I don't remember all that happened, but I managed to get some good things out of the bad stuff that happened that day, and I posted it on Facebook, along with that quote. One of my friends was inspired by it, and she gave me a plastic lemon to set on my desk as a  reminder of that quote. Then I got the idea to create a blog where I could share inspiring stories about how people "made lemonade" out of a bad situation. And that is how The Lemon Life came about.

About Me

I am a Virtual Assistant, and an entrepreneur. I was a single mom for many years. I bought a home when I worked at Valu Home Center, which is a hardware store. I learned a lot by working there, and by doing many home repairs.

Then, I started a housekeeping business; I thought about offering painting and small repair services. I knew one problem I would have was that home repair is a male controlled industry. I started thinking about how to overcome that mindset.

Then the economy weakened and many of my customers decided to save money by doing their own housekeeping. I went to work at Lowes, and I abandoned the home repair business.

Then I met my husband, and he needed a secretary for his IT business. That is how I fell into the Virtual Assistant industry, and completed my associate’s degree along the way.

I blog about topics of interest to fellow entrepreneurs and small business owners. I love what I do; I love setting my own hours and being my own boss. It is not for the faint of heart, though; I put in more hours now than I ever did while working for someone else. It is not like work, though, because I love it. That is one of my personal Lemon stories. Thank you for reading.

***************************************************

Thanks for telling us about your blog! If you would like to take a peek at it, you can view her blog here

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink